Tuesday, August 24, 2010

teriyaki steak dinner

This morning, M and I enjoyed the mild weather (69 degrees, and not too humid...  weather.com reported 93% humidity, but it didn't feel all that bad!).  Thank goodness for the mildness, because when we looked at our running calendar we were a bit surprised to see that we had THREE miles to run today.  The past few weeks, our weekday runs have been 2.5 and 2 miles... but now we are onto 3 and 2 miles.  Yikes!  Anyway, we made it 3.02 miles in 33:07, for an average of 10:58.  Under 11 (just barely, I know)?  I'll take it!!

I never made it grocery shopping last night, so I treated myself to lunch out today!  But, I made my grocery list before I left my office and picked up stuff on the way home.  Tonight's dinner was Teriyaki Steak Dinner.  The theme of this week is quick meals, since I have a pretty busy week!  This was done in under 20 minutes, which is fabulous!  First, I sauteed the peppers and mushrooms...
Then I set the veggies aside to cook my meat!
Add back in the veggies and stir in teriyaki sauce - I picked out a SPICY version of stir fry teriyaki sauce, because I've been in a spicy mood lately.
Then, I served it on the leftover rice noodles from a few days ago. I also was craving Indian food today (I feel like Gina on a Wednesday!)... specifically palak paneer, so I picked some up at the grocery store and had it on the side.  Yeah, I know, it doesn't look even mildly appetizing.  But I swear, it's delicious!

Lastly, I was craving a beer, so I had one of my favorites: SUMMER ALE!
And there you have it, my dinner!  I would say this is a great recipe in terms of being quick and easy... but I'm not sure I feel like the pepper really went with the dish.  Maybe a different color pepper or cooking the peppers longer would have helped (they were still somewhat crisp).  I also think that onions would have made the flavors a lot better in this dish.  Next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment