Wednesday, August 25, 2010

ramen, again?

This is the second recipe in recent weeks that has called for a package of Oriental flavored ramen noodles - and I'm beginning to think Betty Crocker is obsessed!  I mean, I suppose I'm glad that my recipes call for ridiculously cheap good, but it surprises me that a healthy living cookbook can include multiple recipes with ramen!  So high in both fat and sodium!
Anyway, today's lunch was Ramen-Beef Stir-Fry.  It was another quick and easy recipe, which was good because I made it this morning before rushing to work!  First, I cooked the beef in the pan.  Then, I boiled water and cooked the ramen...
Added in veggies!
Look at all those veggies.  They couldn't even fit into my pan.  I was so excited to have so much GREEN in my lunch - I feel like I've been slacking on my vegetable intake lately!  After the veggies were tender, I just mixed in stir fry sauce and the ramen flavoring pack...
This was my first time using this stir-fry sauce.  I really liked it!  Anyway, next, I just mixed everything together, and packed it up!
This lunch was quite tasty and very filling.  I'm a little skeptical about the ramen, so next time I might use whole wheat pasta instead.  Otherwise, a great choice!  Tonight, the graduate school association is feeding me, so I won't be cooking dinner!  Woohoo for a night off :-)

1 comment: