Tuesday, August 17, 2010

scallop lo mein

Tonight for dinner I made myself Scallop Lo Mein.  The recipe had lots of delicious vegetables, including asparagus and red pepper.  The sauce called for "red pepper sauce" which I cannot find anywhere... so instead I put in a little bit of red pepper along with the other ingredients - soy sauce, lemon juice, etc.  After cooking the veggies and sauce, I added in the bay scallops for a few minutes.
Then lastly I added the (already cooked) ramen noodles! This recipe turned out quite delicious and didn't take much time at all.  It definitely hit the spot for my Asian food craving, too.
It was my first time working with bay scallops vs. sea scallops, and I don't know what to think.  I probably cooked them a few minutes longer than I should have - which made them chewier than I would have liked.  Or, maybe bay scallops just ARE more chewy than sea scallops.  I have another recipe using bay scallops later this week, so I'll be sure to not overcook them and then we'll know for sure :-)

1 comment: