Sunday, June 27, 2010

60 recipes completed!

All day today I was craving unhealthy food that I couldn't make in the kitchen... but given that I had a huge plate of nachos yesterday while watching the World Cup, I knew I needed to resist the urge!  I was also really not in the mood to go grocery shopping, so I had to figure out what I could make with what I already had.  Despite those delicious nachos, I was still in the mood for Mexican, so I whipped together Salsa Fiesta Chicken.  I love the fluffy texture of Bisquick, but the last time I tried a recipe with a Bisquick baked bottom, it turned out to be a bit of a mess.  However, I also forgot to spray the bottom of the pan last time, so I thought that was to blame.  This time, the crust came out of the pan more easily for the most part, and was only a little bit of mess:
 Unfortunately, I'm not sure Mexican and Bisquick's fluffy crust really go together.  I felt like the recipe ought to be with marinara sauce instead of  of salsa.  And of course, now that dinner was sub par, I'm going to want something else.  Bah Humbug!

While my dinner was baking, I made Italian Chicken Bracciole.  Of course, I didn't have any chicken thighs, so I used chicken breast instead.  This means that my stuffing is mostly just on top of the chicken instead of really stuffed into it, but that's ok. 
 Mmm, lots of diced tomatoes.  Stay tuned to see how it turns out after I eat it for lunch tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment