Sunday, June 13, 2010

welcome to pescatarian week!

I really love meat.  I can't imagine becoming a vegetarian.  But I also really love fish, and have been craving it quite a bit lately.  So I decided to declare this week Pescatarian week!  We started with dinner tonight, Sesame Shrimp Stir-Fry:
Fresh snow peas, carrots, mushrooms, and shrimp served over rice.  This was quite good, and easy to make.  However, it wasn't very "sesame flavored" in my opinion.  The sesame chicken I made in May had soy sauce, lemon juice, sesame oil, and sesame seeds to make the sauce (see the recipe here), whereas this recipe was basically just Teriyaki marinade with sesame seeds.  Still delicious, just not very sesame-flavored.  All in all, a great start to pescatarian week, and I got to enjoy my dinner while catching up on the Real Housewives of New Jersey.  This season is a little bit much for me - Danielle is just CRAZY.  Alas, only 45 minutes until Celtics vs. Lakers Game 5!  GO CELTICS!

1 comment: