Friday, June 11, 2010

running records

So, today was a first for me: running in the morning.  For starters, I'm not great at going to bed early AND I've been having trouble falling asleep lately.  So when the alarm went off at 7:30am, I was not pleased.  (Yes, I am aware that this is not really that early, but I'm not a morning person!).  Alas, I got of bed and decided I should hydrate and have something in my stomach.  I went with a slice of toast with some peanut butter - which I think was good: some carbs, some protein.  I yawned as I got dressed and drove over to M's house.

The plan for today was walk a few minutes, run 1 mile, repeat 3x.  I used to plan out where the 1 mile marks were and how far our walking breaks were ahead of time.  The first mile was okay - we had a hill to run up pretty early on, and my right foot hurt a little, but I pushed through.  The very end of the mile was painful, but we were pleasantly surprised to find that we had completed it in 11:07!  We walked and stretched for a few minutes and started mile 2, which was mostly okay other than a closed sidewalk causing a little drama for our path!  Mile 2 took 11:33 - still perfectly fine.  We stretched again, and I could tell I was going to be sore!  Onto mile 3.  This was mostly flat, but we had to pause twice for stop lights which was both nice (so I could breath) and annoying.  The end of the run is a downhill followed by an uphill, and I really thought I was going to die.  My legs were burning. My heart was pounding.  I wanted to cry.  And then we finished.... in 9:53.  No wonder I thought I was about to die - how the heck did we run that fast?  I was so proud of us!  That's such a fast mile!  WE ARE SUPERSTARS.  Overall pace, 10:51 per month, 3 miles total.

Of course, I basically collapsed after - too sweaty, hot, and tired to take a shower, but alas, work was calling my name.  Normally a cup of coffee and I'm ready to go, today, after one huge cup I could just barely function.  But I have to at least smile, because as of this morning's run, we have now run (well, run/walked) 50 MILES SINCE I STARTED BLOGGING.  Woo!

Anyway, lunch was leftover meatloaf, and then tonight for dinner I used the last of the ground beef to make a Broiled Dijon Burger.  This patty turned out way better than last night's:
I didn't really feel like having the burger on bread/a bun, so I decided to make some more Pasta with Dijon-Tomato Sauce to go with it - same recipe from Tuesday.  Both were quite delicious.  That sauce is heavenly - I love the combo of sun dried tomatoes and dijon mustard!  Note, these pictures are from my phone because I can't seem to figure out where I put my camera after snapping photos of dinner last night!
Now I'm just staying in for the night, watching Say Yes to the Dress and icing my legs - I'm pretty sore from this morning's run!  Nothing too crazy planned for the weekend - just relaxing, cleaning, and getting work done.  Oh, and watching World Cup Soccer for sure!!


  1. OMG amazing!!! Look at you, running queen!

  2. awesome job!!

    your night in sounds heavenly -i need one of those!