Thursday, July 1, 2010

last run with M (for a while)

This morning I had my last run with M for a while, and the weather was (relatively speaking) amaaazing:
Partly7 am
67°F
Partly Cloudy
78% humidity

That's 10-15 degrees cooler than our recent runs, and just a liiitle bit less humid than we are used to.  Last night I was so pumped about the weather - but let me tell you, the humidity was still a killer!  We did our normal loop of 2 minutes walking, 8 minutes running, for 30 minutes total.  I guess I thought it was going to feel easier today, and it just didn't!  We did go slightly faster - 11:50 min/mile overall average (estimated 11:00 running) vs. 12:30 overall average (estimated 11:30 running) the last time we ran this loop.  I guess shaving 30 seconds off your mile time is pretty decent, but I definitely felt like I was running SLOWLY most of the time.

Anyway, I'm bummed that I won't have my running buddy for a while - it'll be about 3 weeks before I get to run with her again... but where I'm going is less humid, so that's a bonus!  I don't mind running alone / with my ipod, but I'll miss our morning conversations and her encouragement when I really want to give up! :-)

I've been awful with cooking!  I have some sweet recipes in store for lunch today, but I never really made a meal plan for this week or went grocery shopping.  I'm heading out of town tomorrow, so I just kept not wanting to bring more food into my house!  But don't you worry, I'll have plenty of opportunities to cook, blog and run from my various  vacation destinations! :-)

Today begins FREE AGENCY.  Professional basketball is definitely not my favorite sport (NFL first, NCAA Basketball second., then NBA is about tied with MLB), but this Lebron hype has me on the edge of my seat!  Where will he go!?!? Haha.  I have no clue, really, but I'm going to say either he either goes to New York or stays in Cleveland.  Although this morning's Sports Center says that Miami is pushing much harder than anyone expected.  We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment