Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Grilled Balsamic Beef Salad

So, I have cooked way too much food in the past 6 days to put it all in one long post.  Instead, I'll be bringing it to you bit by bit.  Post #1: Grilled Balsamic Beef Salad: Dinner Thursday July 22, 2010

On Thursday, I got to use some of my fresh produce to make Scott and I dinner.  We had Grilled Balsamic Beef Salad.  At the grocery store, I found a ton of steaks on sale, so I was obviously drawn towards the cheap stuff.  I realized I pretty much know nothing about what parts of steaks are the good parts and whatnot… basically I only know to avoid fatty looking meat.  So, I bought shoulder because it was on sale ridiculously cheap.
The marinade/salad dressing was delicious!  I had to improvise a little, but the combo of balsamic vinaigrette and Italian dressing mix was a great one.  Also, since I was feeding Mr. Picky Eater, I left out tomatoes and mushrooms and added in cucumber, since I had a fresh one from the garden.  The unfortunate part was that I bought croutons and then totally forgot to use them!  I also forgot to top the salad with any cheese.  Cooking with the RV / grill / etc. is a lot of improvising – which leads to a lot of forgetting and substituting.  So it goes.

Given the abundance of lettuce and cucumber from the garden, I made this recipe again on today (Tuesday the 27th) for dinner.  This time I remembered the mozzarella cheese and the croutons, but again left out the tomato and mushroom for Scott’s benefit.  It was just as delicious as it was the first time, if not more so!  I thoroughly enjoy balsamic vinegar and things of that flavor… yum yum yum  Here's a picture of it from tonight:

No comments:

Post a Comment