Thursday, July 15, 2010

cheesy chicken yum!

It took me a while to get moving this morning, but I drank a bottle of water while I knitted one row on my scarf before heading out for a run around 7:15/7:30 this morning.  I only had to go 1.5 miles today, and in my mind I thought I would probably walk for 5 or so minutes after the 1.5 and then keep going… but that did not happen.  The last 4 minutes of my run were up a sizable hill (the same one that started my Tuesday morning run, just starting a little further down on the hill, giving me further to go).  I was just trying to push through… and I totally lost steam.  I actually had to stop and catch my breath for about 5 seconds before I got to the top of the hill (and the 1.5 mile mark).  In terms of speed, I didn’t do as terrible as Tuesday: I averaged 11:11 miles.  Not very quick but I’ll take it!  I was completely spent after the run though, so I walked for about 5 minutes and then collapsed.  I spent the rest of the day painting and swimming, so it’s not like I was being a lazy bum!

My shins hurt quite a bit by mid afternoon – probably a combo of the runs and being on my feet all day?  I massaged them a bit and I think they are less tender than they were.  It wasn’t painful while I was running (or at least not too bad) and it doesn’t hurt to walk around – only hurts to the touch.  As long as it’s only that way, I figure there’s no harm in pushing on!  Any suggestions for stretches/etc. to deal with shin pain?

Tonight for dinner I made Cheddar-Stuffed Chicken Breasts on the grill.  Except, I could not for the life of me figure out how to get the cheese stuffed into the chicken breasts and on the grill, without letting the cheese fall out and create a mess.  How do you get a chicken breast to roll up and stay that way?  It is beyond me.  So, i just melted the cheese on top.  Meh.  Scott says they were cooked to perfection again, and told me that I am free to make this for him again any time.  Shocker: he likes chicken with melted cheese.  Haha.  We didn’t have them with salsa or sour cream, because (wait for it…) he doesn’t like either, and I didn’t feel like opening it just for me.  (I might open it later to have some chips and salsa as a snack, yum!).
Won’t have any runs or meals to report on Friday or Saturday, we are headed (slightly) south for a few things – should be back Saturday night so I can do my “long” run and cook on Sunday!  Happy (almost) weekend, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Yay weekend! And this looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum to the chicken!

    Maybe you need to skewer it to get it to stay rolled up?

    Also, keep me posted on how to soothe hurting shins. Mine are totally killing me.

    ReplyDelete