Monday, May 3, 2010

MY COOKBOOK IS HERE!

I'm such a nerd - at 11pm tonight I logged into amazon.com to see where my cookbook was, and sure enough, I find out that it's in my mailbox.  (I'm not good at checking the mail every day.)  So, I went and got it and started looking through it!  It's got 10 sections: 1) center of the plate, 2) savory skillet meals, 3) casseroles and pot pies, 4) meatless main dishes, 5) sandwiches, salads, and pizzas, 6) soups, stews, and chilies, 7) slow cooker suppers, 8) grilling good and easy, 9) 30 minutes or less, and 10) cooking for two. Now, I thought about buying a whole cookbook that was "cooking for one"/"cooking for  two" since I live alone, but instead I'm just going to halve recipes when I need to and have leftovers!  So, of course I've been up for the last 2ish hours planning out what I'm going to make this week!  Between now and Saturday lunch time, I am planning to make 7 recipes: 4 dinners and 3 lunches.  Two of the lunches I will make in the evenings and pack to take for the day, and one I am going to make on Saturday for lunch, when my boyfriend will be visiting!

I'm not going to reveal to you what I plan to make - I'll save that for post-cooking.  But, I have my grocery list made and I'm super excited - so excited that i stayed up 2 hours later than I meant to and had to write about it!  YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment