Tuesday, September 14, 2010

white bean-chili chicken

Today, instead of running in the morning with M I ran in the evening on the treadmill.  Usually on the treadmill, I'm faster and feel way better about my runs... not today!  I went 2.5 miles in 28:15, or an 11:18 pace.  I was really struggling!  I guess that's what I get for missing so many runs lately.  It's time to get serious about my running schedule again!

After my run, I was craving something substantial for dinner.  I ended up making White Bean-Chicken Chili.  It was a very easy recipe that took only about 20 minutes.  First, I heated butter in a pan and then cooked garlic and onion:
Then I added in all the other ingredients, including great northern beans, chicken, and diced tomatoes with jalapenos!
Lastly, I added some sour cream and cilantro on top... I love my cilantro!  This chili turned out perfectly: I was craving warm, filling food and that's what I got.  It was also quite spicy!  It took me a while to eat it all because it was so spicy!  Now that I look back at the cookbook it suggests you serve it with a tall glass of cold milk - which I should have done!

No comments:

Post a Comment