Thursday, September 9, 2010

cooking catch up

I have been cooking - but just not blogging!  Oops!  Here's a recap of this week:

Lunch 9/8/10: Creamy Chicken-Noodle Skillet
This was a very quick, easy, and basic recipe... but it didn't have much flavor or excitement to it.  I kind of felt like it was something I could have thrown together off the top of my head. But, I do like the flavor from cream of chicken soup and it was nice to have so many veggies in the meal, but, it was nothing special.

Dinner 9/8/10: Orange Roughy with Fennel Rice
As with the fish earlier in the week, I had to substitute flounder.  Also, I am not a huge fan of fennel so I didn't want to buy a whole bulb.  Instead, I sprinkled the fish with fennel seed to give it the flavor.  This recipe was decent - I think it's the first time I used tarragon leaves.  I'm honestly not sure it had that strong of a flavor... but it was a decent meal overall!

Dinner 9/9/10: Savory Chicken and Rice
Tonight for dinner I had Savory Chicken and Rice - which was a very basic and easy quick recipe.  I like the herb flavoring that comes in the wild rice mixtures, and that's what really made this recipe as good as it was.  Other than that, it was a very basic and somewhat plain recipe.  I've noticed that Betty Crocker likes to mix mushrooms and carrots, but I'm not sure I love that combo.

I'm leaving town again this weekend, for my grandfather's funeral :-(  So, I won't be cooking or blogging again until Monday.  Enjoy your weekend, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Sooo many carrots ruining delicious chicken dishes. They look good, even if you didn't rave about them.

    ReplyDelete