time for my monthly-ish running update. oh man... july.... was a rough month for running.
# of speed workouts: zero
# of total runs: six
# of total miles logged: around 20
all i can say is, YIKES. i think between traveling and moving, it just got hectic! but i have way fewer travel plans for august, so i'm looking forward to buckling down and getting back into a regular pattern of running. the other good news is that now that we have moved, i am living in a place that i can go for runs right from my front door. i'm pretty excited about this luxury, except for one tiny downside... my new neighborhood has a lot of hills! getting used to the hills is going to be challenging, but i know it will be good for me.
so, august running / workout goals:
- go running 3 or 4 times per week
- do one speed workout per week
- get back to lifting / weight training
- create a training plan for my next big race
- learn to swim like allison schmitt (she's my friend's cousin). okay not really, but, start cross training via spin class, swimming, or another class at the gym 1-2 times per week.
short post because i just got back from vacation... more about that next week!