Tuesday, August 23, 2011

cooking funk.

So, who felt the earthquake today?  It wasn't that intense here but it was surprising that I felt an earthquake that was so far away!  I saw some crazy pictures of things damaged in DC from my friends there too!

I had Sunday, Monday, and today to come up with a grocery list, and I just could not come up with what sounded good to eat this week.  I ended up getting the stuff to make a Philly Cheese Steak Casserole, from the book I cooked part way through last year.  I also got some portobello mushrooms and hummus in hope of making some sort of sandwich.  I want to try eating less meat for lunch since meat is almost always involved in my dinner, so it seemed worth a try.  Does anyone have any great portobello mushroom recipes to share?

Running this week so far has been fine: I ran 3 miles on the treadmill on Monday afternoon and 3.4 miles this morning around East Campus, where I spotted the lovely Sarah from the SHU box!  I knew I would run into her eventually since she lives nearby and we both run in the mornings.  Speaking of East Campus, freshman move in has begun!  It's sooo weird to have campus crowded again.  I have to say, I kind of love the peaceful summer: no lines at the gym for machines, getting a seat on the bus, and just a general sense of calmness on campus.  But, I am excited to start working with the sorority that I advise again and for the Great Hall to reopen... I cannot believe they close the best place to eat on campus for the ENTIRE summer.  I miss my Chinese stir fry, Indian food, and salad bar!!!

Also, does anyone watch Bachelor Pad?  OMG, I cannot stand Kasey and Vienna.  I can't believe Kasey is staying.  It kind of makes me want to cry.  The ending was pretty weird too.  I get how they were going for a dramatic Sopranos ending, but the cut wasn't quite right.  Oh and yes, I just admitted to watching Bachelor Pad.  Other favorites in this house: Jersey Shore and Rivals.  We are so very classy!

Hmm, I think I need to make a list of fun things to blog about - I'm drawing a blank tonight!  See ya'll later :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment