Wednesday, August 31, 2011

cardio dance.

Hello!  Happy Hump Day.  This week has felt really long, but at least we are more than half way done!

On Monday M and I were supposed to run but my legs were tired from Sunday's long run, so we took a break.  I went for a 2 mile walk and did some weight training at home instead.  Then Tuesday I was just too sleepy to run... oops!  So, I ran in the evening on the treadmill.  I was really proud of myself - I finished 3 miles in 30:50!  I wanted to run a bit farther/longer but people were waiting for treadmills and my foot kind of hurt.  Luckily after stretching and an ice pack my foot feels fine, but I didn't want to push it.

Today I went to my very first cardio dance class.  I'm trying to get better about cross training, so I asked my friend A if she would go to spin class with me tonight.  She already had plans to go to cardio dance, so I went with her to that instead!  It was fun and I definitely worked up a sweat, but I'm not sure if I would go regularly.  I was worried there would be long and complicated routines, but the steps were easy and there weren't long sequences to learn.  I managed to not care what I looked like and just focused on trying to get a good workout from it.  The class is one hour long, but between stopping after every song (so the instructor could find the next song and allow us to get a water break) and warm up / cool down, I probably only got 30 minutes of cardio in.  Also, the class was FILLED with freshman girls.  One of them saw A's Wisconsin shirt and got really excited that she was from Wisconsin, until A had to tell her that she was in graduate school and they couldn't be friends... haha.  I have heard other teachers are more intense, so I might have to look into them.  A and I decided we might alternate spinning and cardio dance every other week and see how that goes.

Since I had some time before cardio dance I also did weights at the gym.  I think I need to get a personal trainer, at least for one or two sessions.  I have a routine of what exercises I do (mostly arms), but I am not sure I'm doing all of the best things or hitting all the muscles I'd like to be hitting.

The Philly Cheesesteak Casserole was not nearly as delicious as I recall it being from last time I made it.  Reasons why: using milk instead of half-and-half, possibly using less cheese, and using ground beef instead of steak.  It wasn't terrible, it just wasn't as flavorful as I remember.  I also think it might be because I mixed in the peppers and onions afterwards instead of baking them in.  I did that so Scott wouldn't have to eat the peppers, but I think the flavors didn't seep in as much, if that makes sense.


No comments:

Post a Comment