Friday, November 12, 2010

no, really, i'm alive!

All I can say is... grad school is busy!  I've managed to keep cooking, but not at the pace I had hoped.  Here's what I've cooked since I last posted:


141.  Halibut with Potato Succotash (November 2, 2010)
142.  Sausalito Chicken and Seafood Salad (November 2, 2010)
143.  Orange Teriyaki Beef with Noodles (November 3, 2010)
144.  Tortilla Soup (November 4, 2010)
145.  Marinara Sauce with Spaghetti (November 5, 2010)
146.  Ranch Tuna-Melt Pizza (November 4, 2010)
147.  Tex-Mex Meatloaf (November 8, 2010)
148.  Creamy Quinoa Primavera (November 9, 2010)
149.  Easy Bake Ravioli (November 10, 2010)
150.  Beef Tenderloin with Pear-Cranberry Chutney (November 11, 2010)
151.  Chicken and Tortellini Salad (November 12, 2010)

I don't think I could possible recall and talk about all 11 dishes.  Here's some highlights/lowlights:
#141: the suggested frozen potato stuff that went into the potato succotash was lacklaster.  I had high hopes for frozen potatoes, but the texture and taste was... off.
#142: I loved this.  I love avocado, I loved everything about this recipe.
#143: I made this with chicken instead.  Definitely good.
#144: Putting tortillas in a pan to cook them and get them crispy was the best idea EVER.  Yum.
#145: So good, and so worth the fact that it took 8 hours to make a sauce.
#146: I am becoming a pizza dough pro.  This needed more cheese, but I ran out!
#147:  This was good flavor-wise but it was heavy on the meat.  Needed more bread/veggies - kind of felt like we were eating burgers!
#148: I love quinoa, and the cream cheese combo is stellar.  Carrots don't really go though - I'd suggest zucchini or squash as your veggies.
#149:  So easy and basic, but if what you want is cheese ravioli, this works!
#150: My first chutney!  This was flipping AMAZING. I love pears.  I love cranberries.  I love pumpkin pie spice.  Perfect fall dinner.
#151: Good, easy salad.  I like the dressing quite a bit.


And now, I will give you a photo montage of the past month of food:


 Asian rice and lentil burgers
  Baked chicken and rice with autumn vegetables

  Moroccon Skillet Chicken
  Moroccon Skillet Chicken
 Smoked turkey and couscous
 Italian Chicken Pitas
 Jambalaya
 Lox and Cream Cheese Scramble
  Halibut with Potato Succotash
  Ranch Tuna-Melt Pizza
 Tortilla Soup
 Tex-Mex Meatloaf
 Creamy Qunioa Primavera
 Easy Bake Ravioli
 Beef Tenderloin with Pear-Cranberry Chutney
Chicken and Tortellini Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment