Friday, November 12, 2010

not only am i alive, i run!

Now that you are all up to speed on what I've been cooking, here's a recap of my recent runs:

10/23: I went to visit SUSAN in NYC and on Saturday morning we went running in Central Park with a running store running group.  We ran about the first mile together - woohoo for our FIRST run together! Then we split off and she went with the speedy group while I picked a more appropriate group for me :-)  I find a buddy who was at my pace level and we did a combo of running and walking 3.5 miles through Central Park, at an average of 10:52 miles.

After that run, I fell off the wagon.  I didn't run for a week and a half!  One day M didn't feel good, another day I was stressed, etc.  Finally, we got back on track a full 12 days later.  Oops.

11/4: M and I ran 2.5 miles in 27 minutes, for an average pace of 10:48.  Pretty good for having taken 12 days off.  This run was two firsts for me: my first run in the rain (it wasn't pouring - but there was a steady drizzle!) and my first run in my new shoes! 
While I was in NYC, I asked the running store folks about my shoes.  I'd been having more pain after running recently so I thought it might be time for new shoes.  I tried on a few pairs at the store, and it came down to Asics Kayano's or Brooks Adrenaline.  Susan recently switched the kind of running shoes she wears, and just happened to have a pair of Brooks Adrenaline in my size, brand new, that she had no intentions of wearing.  So, of course I opted for the free pair of shoes!  Anyway, 11/4 was my first run in the shoes, and they felt great!

11/6: Longest run ever but it felt SO GOOD!  We went 5.38 miles in 1:03:11, which is an 11:45 pace.  We decided that for long runs, we would go 10 min running and 2 min walking.  It was definitely a slow pace throughout but I felt so good and strong after!  It definitely renewed my confidence that I CAN complete my upcoming 10K!

11/8: M was sick so I went onto the treadmill for 3.0 miles in 31:48, avg. pace of 10:36.  I think 3 miles is about the longest I can go on the treadmill without a good television show, haha.

11/11: Back on the road with M!  2.0 miles in 23 minutes which is slow, because we decided to walk up our least favorite hill, which was a solid 5 minutes of walking.  Oh well :-)

This weekend (on Sunday) we have a 5.5 mile run!  We are sticking with the intervals of 10/2 for now, and I'm really looking forward to the run.  It's finally cooled down here, and last weekend when we ran it was about 45.  This weekend is warming up again, but not too much - a high of 71.  Should be good!  I'll try to blog about it sooner rather than later :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment