Tuesday, November 16, 2010

keeping good on my promise!

Hello!!! I'm updating - after only a few days instead of weeks!  Here goes it.

This weekend's 5.5 mile run was... rough.  M and I were both in quite a bit of agony by the end... but we survived!  Luckily the soreness was gone by Monday and I was feeling good.  Tonight we ran 3 miles on the treadmill since it was dark, gross, and rainy out.  My foot pain returned, which is a little worrisome for this weekend.  But hopefully it will subside through lots of stretching and icing and I'll be ready for Saturday's 10K!

I've been COOKING!  Woo!  Lunch the past few days was Chicken and Spinach Tortellini Soup.
A fairly simple soup with... well.. chicken, spinach, and tortellini.  Add in some carrots and that's really about it!  Next up on the menu this week was Monday's dinner: Cheese and Pesto Strata.

Can I just say, I LOVE french bread?  It's so addictive.  Scott thinks so too.. he finished the loaf that wasn't in the strata in one sitting, haha.  This recipe turned out alright, but I think it's more of an appetizer or something to have in small doses - not really a dinner type of food.
Then tonight I made Chicken-Noodle Casserole.  This was also super simple. 
I left out the mushrooms to appease Scott, and he was very grateful.  This recipe doesn't have any exciting herbs or spices, which I might have enjoyed, but Scott thought it was perfect - simple clean food that 'tastes like food should taste, not like the spices would make it taste' so says Scott.

2 comments:

  1. Tell Scott that spices are tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. spices = mmm.

    i don't have your email but i wanted to invite you over for a little holiday blogger get-together :) send it to me at shuboxblog at gmail!

    ReplyDelete