Tuesday, November 20, 2012

weekly update #12

Happy almost Thanksgiving!

I have to admit, I have not been the most disciplined runner since my half.  Over the two weeks after my half, I ran 3 times, went to 3 spin classes, and did no strength training.  Not terrible, but also not fantastic.

Week of Nov. 5th-11th:

  • Monday: rest
  • Tuesday: spin class
  • Wednesday: rest
  • Thursday: spin class
  • Friday: rest
  • Saturday: 4.5 mile run with M
  • Sunday: rest

Week of Nov. 12th-18th:

  • Monday: lazy
  • Tuesday: spin class
  • Wednesday: lazy
  • Thursday: 3.5 miles on the treadmill
  • Friday: lazy
  • Saturday: 3.1 mile run with M

I wish I could say those runs have been all sunshine and roses.  None of them have been bad, but my knee has been a little sore each time, and I'm not exactly sure why.  Now I'm trying to get back into my 'normal' routine - running 4 times per week plus going to spin class once.  I've also made some post-race running "resolutions":

  1. Try to foam roll after every run
  2. Spend at least 5 minutes stretching after every run
  3. Do hip streghtening exercises 2-3 times per week
  4. Do other strength training 2-3 times per week.
Okay fine, that last goal is a recurring life goal of mine that I don't seem to be all that successful with.  But I'll get there one day!  I also recently bought 10 lb weights, so I can do strength training from home.  I'm hoping that will encourage me to do it more often, but we'll see.

I have a somewhat structured plan for my next 5-6 weeks of running, but I'm waiting for the spring gym class schedule to be released before I make a detailed training plan for January and beyond.  I've started to sign up for fun spring races... details on those soon!!!

Who is cooking for Thanksgiving?  Who is going somewhere exciting?  My parents are coming to visit and I'm cooking all of Thanksgiving dinner for the very first time!  I'm excited to share how it goes with y'all next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment