Thursday, June 21, 2012

favorite workout jams

Do you listen to music while you work out?  Why or why not?  For me, it depends on what I'm doing.  If I'm on the treadmill, I prefer to have some music blasting to pass the time.  Outside, I could take it or leave it.  With any non-running exercise, I definitely like to have music blaring - it keeps me pumped!
As I've mentioned before, I have the best spin instructor ever.  Although there are many reasons I love her, one of the top reasons is probably her music.  She always picks the best jams to get us going, and she also makes sure her spin routine lines up well with the songs she is playing.  She also LOVES Gaga so we usually have at least one Gaga song in there.  Other current favorites: Wild One by Flo Rida, Starships by Nicki Minaj, Titanium by David Guetta, Katy Perry, and many other top 40 hits.


A few weeks ago, the speakers blew out and we had to listen to music very quietly on someone's iHome speakers.  It was TERRIBLE... I was totally wishing I could pull out my iPod, but (a) that would have rude, (b) I didn't have it, and (c) my iPod is SERIOUSLY out of date, which got me thinking that I need to update it.  Right now, my current iPod playlist has a lot of Ke$ha, The Dudes, Death Cab for a Cutie (great for hills), and Girl Talk... all good, but I'm getting kind of bored!  So, for those of you do listen to music while you work out, what is on your playlist?  What songs should I be adding to mine?


Anyone have fun weekend plans?  Last weekend we went to a wedding, so this weekend we are hopefully going to spend some time getting our house in order/etc., since the next several weekends are going to be really busy [I'll try to keep y'all updated on those busy/fun plans].

beautiful venue right on the water in Maryland!  congrats to the newlyweds :-)

In other news, my husband took my watch to get the battery replaced last week, and while he was at work it fell out of his pocket and got run over by a forklift.  He's going to replace it for my birthday, but I can't decide if I want another Timex Ironman that just does intervals/laps, if I want to upgrade to one with a heart monitor, or if I want us to spend the money and get me a watch with GPS (possibly one of these).  I really liked my Timex and had no problems with it, but obviously having the distance feature would be nice.  Any thoughts/suggestions?  What do you use to time/map your runs?  I know Garmins are the most popular brand - anyone out there using another brand?  Or, if you have a Garmin, what model?


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
recent workouts:
Thurs. 6/14: 2 mile run + kickball game
Fri./Sat./Sun.: rest days / I out of town and never fit a work out, oops!
Mon. 6/18: weights [arms/legs] + spin class
Tues. 6/19: easy run + Pilates/ab work at home
Wed. 6/20: speed work: 30 min. tempo run with 1.5 miles @ 9:20 on the TM [because i overslept, ugh] + weights [arms/legs]

it's totally normal to run past a dinosaur, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment