Sunday, December 12, 2010

weekend cooking!

I just finished the most DELICIOUS dinner I've had in a while.  But we'll get to that in a little.

Friday night for dinner, I made a Scott-friendly favorite: chicken pot pie!  This was super easy, and the star was one of my favorite ingredients: Bisquick.  Seriously people, if you aren't using Bisquick, you are missing out.



Yesterday, M and I ran 4 miles on the treadmill.  We did an "at tempo" run which means we did an easy pace for 1 mile, a slightly difficult pace for 2 miles, and then an easy pace for the last mile.  It felt great for the first 3.25 miles, but I definitely started having some foot pain towards the end.  After stretching and icing I'm feeling much better, though.
Later Saturday afternoon, I made Swiss Rye Strata for Sarah's blogger bash.  I had so much fun meeting new blogging friends!  Sarah's white chicken chili was so good, I'm definitely going to have to make it myself!  Anyway, people seemed to like the strata, but it didn't turn out quite as good as my other strata in my opinion.  Oh well!  It's still pretty tasty and I have lots of leftovers.

This morning for brunch I made Tex Mex Scrambled Eggs... which I botched.  Basically, I burnt the eggs.  Can't win 'em all right?

Which brings me to tonight's dinner: Loaded Baked Potato Casserole.  I told Scott that I "felt like I was cheating on my diet" while eating this.  It's THAT delicious.  He thinks it would be great football food.  I think it's great any-time-you-want-cheesy-potato-goodness foot.
I put green peppers only on my half, since Scott turns his nose up at peppers.
Delicious!  I am definitely going to bookmark this to make again :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment