Thursday, December 9, 2010

spinach and crabmeat enchiladas

Tonight for dinner, I made Spinach and Crabmeat Enchiladas.  I had a hankering for Mexican food that was not completely satisfied by a burrito from Chubby's yesterday - so it was time to cook myself some Mexican delight.  Note: this it not to say that Chubby's was not completely and utterly satisfying.  It's just that I once again wanted Mexican food when it came time to eat today, but I thought it would be better to cook and eat something healthy as opposed to returning for another burrito approximately the size of my head.

This recipe was fairly easy.  First, I made my own enchilada sauce out of salsa, taco sauce, chili powder, cumin, cilantro.
Step Two: break the crabmeat down into small bites - this is key because you don't want huge mouthfulls of chunky crab - you want the topping to be well mixed!
Once you've done that, mix together your spinach, some cheese, and a little bit of the sauce.  I think I put way more spinach in than necessary... but it's better to overdo it on the spinach than to overdo it on the cheese, right? Haha.
Next, put some of the sauce down onto your 13 by 9 inch pan.  Take a tortilla, put in some filling, wrap it up, and put it down on the pan folds facing down.
Once you have all of your enchiladas in the pan, smother them in the rest of your sauce, and top with cheese! 
Bake, covered, for 35 minutes at 350.
The result: bubbling cheesy enchilada DELICIOUSNESS!
Delicious.  I'm pumped that I get more for lunch tomorrow, too!!! Back to studying and working on finals :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment