Tuesday, October 12, 2010

catching up.

Ok, so I've been both a bad blogger AND a bad cooker.  Sometimes, life just gets busy!  Since my last post, I have made a few things:

130.  Asian Rice and Lentil Burgers (September 30, 2010) Grade: B-
131.  Jambalaya (October 1, 2010) Grade: B+
132.  Italian Roasted Pork Tenderloin (October 4, 2010) Grade: B
133.  Caribbean Pork Roast (October 10, 2010) Grade: B

The Asian Rice and Lentil Burgers: ...were not burgers.  They fell apart completely.  I couldn't get them to be a burger consistency, so it was just like a mash in my pan.  On the flip side, they still tasted pretty good.

Jambalaya: YUM!  I love shrimp.  I love sausage.  I love them together.  This was so delicious and I can't wait to make it again!


Italian Roasted Pork Tenderloin: Quick, easy, delicious.  And the fennel seed was actually great on this pork (coming from a girl who does not like fennel).  I have to say I cooked this piece of pork perfectly.  It was just-barely-done; not at all overcooked or dry or anything.  Woohoo!


Caribbean Pork Roast:  This was decent, but I wish it was spicier.  I think spicy when I think Caribbean - is that not correct? Who knows.

And been for a few runs:
- Saturday 10/2/10: 3.0 miles scheduled... skipped it.
- Tuesday, 10/5/10: 3.0 miles in 30:58, avg. pace 10:25: ITS FINALLY COLD OUTSIDE.  Well not really.  It's cold ish in the mornings.  And it totally makes running so much more pleasant.  I am still wearing shorts and short sleeves, but I see long sleeves and pants in my future!
- Tuesday, 10/7/10: 2.0 miles, 20:26, avg. pace 9:59: Another cool weather run.  This was super speedy, but both M and I were SPENT afterward.  I think that's about the fastest I can run at this point, at least with the hills.  We agreed that it's probably a bit too fast for us to realistically maintain, but that we wanted to keep up our 10:30-ish pace whenever possible!

And, as of last night, I'm hoping to get  back on track with both cooking and running:
Step 1: GYM.  I headed to the gym to run on the treadmill to make up for not doing my long run this weekend.   3.5 miles in ~36:25, avg. pace 10:20.  It was definitely tough - the gym is so hot for some reason!  The last mile was especially hard to get through mentally, but I pushed through and finished with a smile on my face! Woohoo!

Dinner was a Moroccan Chicken Skillet, which turned out pretty good.  Lots of vegetables and very unique flavor - cumin combined with cinnamon is definitely unique.


I SWEAR I have pictures, and I'll insert them later today :)


No comments:

Post a Comment