Friday, December 23, 2011

holiday hiatus

I kept thinking about posting this week, but couldn't think of anything to post about.  Why?  Well, I haven't really cooked anything new or exciting since the Lemon Bars... just various types of chicken.  Maybe I'll get to make some fun things over the holidays to share about, but I'm not sure!

The second (and more annoying) reason?  My knees have been bugging me when I run, so I haven't been running much.  It's actually making me really sad.  I don't know how to describe it.  Various muscles in my legs will hurt/ache/be sore throughout the day.  Stretching them seems to help.  Then, maybe the soreness will dissipate, but only 10 minutes into a run my knees will ache again.  It sort of feels like my knees are bruised.  But if I stop running after 10 minutes, my knees stop hurting.  If I run more than 3 miles, they will hurt for a few hours and then be better.  But then random soreness throughout the day still.  It's a mystery.  I'm hoping some longer rest periods and more stretching will help.  Any suggestions out there?

So, blog posting might be light for the next 10 days or so - but I'll post if anything exciting happens!  Happy Holidays everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your knees! That's a bummer - do you think it's IT band related? If so, the foam roller may be your friend. My knees are one of the few body parts that haven't hurt me at some point or another while I run so I am not much help here :( Hope it gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete