Tuesday, June 3, 2014

a bad run.

Today, I was scheduled for 30 minutes of walking/running.  It was in the high 80s, extremely humid, and possibly going to storm, so I was a bit apprehensive.  Luckily, the storms came and left by around 6pm, so I had plenty of time before sunset to get in a run.  I waited as long as possible so it would be slightly cooler and slightly less sunny, and then around 7:45pm I headed out for a run.

Isis was apparently not in the mood to join me - she refused to come to the door when I called her, so I decided to leave her home and go solo.  I've been using RunKeeper on my iPhone because of the intervals feature, and I decided to stick with my 90 seconds running / 60 seconds walking intervals.

I started out feeling pretty good, and I knew my running intervals were faster than my usual pace.  Without Isis, I could focus more of my attention on form and breathing, which was nice.  However, somewhere around the 12 minute mark, the pain started.  I'm kind of used to it by now - usually around 12-15 mintues my calves start to ache and feel tight, so I stopped to stretch.  Usually, this helps and then I'm able to finish out my 30 minutes without much pain, if any.

Not today.  Every time I started running again, my calves ached.  Then I started to feel it in my anterior tibs, or on the front of my foot.  Even when I stopped to walk, I still had pain shooting up the front of my foot, and no amount of pausing to stretch seemed to be helping.  I managed to push through and finish all 8 of my running intervals, but I was definitely hurting.  During my walking cool down, the pain continued, and then the bottoms of my feet started tingling/feeling numb.

Not good.  After I came inside, it took several minutes of me massaging my ankles and stretching before the pain subsided, and it was still achy/uncomfortable 20-30 minutes later.

Suffice to say, today I had a bad run, and now I'm grumpy.  That's all I got right now, sorry y'all.

1 comment:

  1. Great Information sharing .. I am very happy to read this article .. thanks for giving us go through info.Fantastic nice. I appreciate this post.
    asiagaming

    ReplyDelete