Monday, September 13, 2010

fennel and i are not friends.

Tonight for dinner I made Baked Chicken with Fennel Butter... except, I was not in the mood to wait an hour for my chicken to bake, so I adapted it to bake in a pan much faster!  I was initially excited about this recipe because of all the herbs.  But as I have mentioned before, I don't really love fennel.  This recipe didn't call for actual fennel, but just fennel seed.
The truth is, I don't really like fennel flavor at all.  It tastes like black licorice - which I hate!  However, the other herbs were delicious and the chicken was cooked very well - not too dry!
I also had a side of broccoli cooked with the same buttery mixture.
It was a pretty good dinner, but I'll be glad when I've finished all the fennel recipes! Now it's time to watch the season finale of the Bachelor Pad... might have to write a Trashy TV Tuesdays episode tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment